Saturday, September 7, 2013

Jrock no Tamashii 4

Attended Jrock no Tamashii 4 event. Got invited for the first 3 events but never get the chance to go, I think I was either at hometown, out of town mostly.

Finally gotten the chance to go as a photographer hehe.
 Received a VANIRU Cosmic Night album courtesy of the organizer: Selina/Toybox

and also a voucher for Tokyo Teppan for a free set of Teriyaki teppan set. nom nom nom. I love the garlic rice haha. Ate 2 japanese meal 2 days in a row... orz

And here's a sneak preview of my shot from the concert.

There are total of 9 bands performing that night, from Malaysia, Singapore and 2 from Japan.
Awesome stuff! 

Used mostly the lens I borrowed from my friend 50mm f/1.4 and a bit of my 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5. 
This was my first time shooting a gig show inside a club (I'm more used to shoot big scale concert with big expensive lightings and back lights. 
So this one is a big challenge for me as the lightings were shining towards the performers instead of from the back orz... it was too near to them so my photos were a bit screwed up. But nevertheless thanks for this I forced myself to shoot them in different way (totally opposite of my usual style) and the photo came out quite satisfied. I have to blindly just shoot the photos, come back home and check them with PC then only see the photos are not too screwed haha. Very scary actually, I might ruined the whole day photos.. >.<

The problem now is that, I have no idea should I put most of the photos in BW or use the original colour.. cause the colour is mostly single colour (ie blue, red, green) which look very weird on human, but look extremely awesome in B&W.

sigh.. maybe i do a bit of gig show photo research then decide on an editing ba..

No comments:

Post a Comment